ADAS and Automated Driving - Pilot Engineer
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with technical experience and interest in the areas of automotive Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving (AD).
As a Pilot Engineer, you will work directly, in great depth, with our most innovative customers to establish and enhance their usage of MATLAB and Simulink to design, model, verify, and implement leading Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving (AD) systems.
By deeply engaging and partnering with automotive customers in this area, you will influence the way they develop and verify their systems using MathWorks tools. The work will involve recommending technical approaches using the existing products and developing proof of concept solutions for possible future products. The area of work will include analyzing sensor data using signal processing and machine learning techniques for fusion.
As a technical member of the sales team, you will be responsible for interacting with customers, generating excitement, confidence and passion for the usage of Model-Based-Design and helping our key customers in the adoption of our tools. Model-Based-Design includes the use of MathWorks' products for developing ADAS/ AD systems
- Work directly with select customers to establish project roadmaps and technical procedures for Model-Based-Design deployments ensuring the success of customers in using our tools.
- Build instant credibility in front of customers by leveraging the industry experience and serve as a primary advisor to select customers for deep technical engagement
- Lead engagements with key Tier-1 suppliers and OEM’s in the ADAS/AD area by presenting MathWorks’ tools capabilities, vision, and lead them by defining technical proof of concept projects and driving them forward
- Establish deployment requirements and work with other development engineers to implement required features or determine how to most effectively use existing features toward giving customers a clear perspective on the value of the products.
- Establish technical procedures designed to ease the rollout of capabilities and solutions for solving complex deployment problems.
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff focused on a fast-paced and continually evolving strategy
- Developing demonstration programs, application examples, and proof-of-concept models. These are generally used to illustrate the value of our offerings based on typical customer applications.
- Managing product evaluations and adoption- Prospective customers may require guidance on how to evaluate and adopt our products for their projects.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions
- Working closely with the worldwide MathWorks engineering, development, and marketing organizations to further improve products and to identify new application areas based on customer interactions.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience in ADAS/AD area and signal processing
- Experience with multi-sensor data fusion and object detection
- Customer facing experience
- An understanding of automotive systems is important for this role
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
- Working knowledge of MATLAB is preferred
- Working knowledge of Simulink is nice to have
- Experience developing path planning algorithms is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers.
- Travel up to 25% required
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here