Senior Application Engineer - Model-Based Testing
Shape the way the automotive industry develops automotive control systems using modeling and simulation. By partnering with automotive customers, you will help them advance their ability to develop and verify their systems.
In this pre-sales technical role, you will spend most of your time working with automotive engineers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions leveraging MathWorks software for the development, verification, and implementation of control system algorithms. This requires the desire to leverage solution selling techniques to compliment your technical knowledge in areas such as architecting models to facilitate verification and validation, developing simulation test benches, and creating behavioral and structural testing approaches.
This position is in Novi, MI and travel can be expected up to about 20% generally throughout North America.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Develop demonstrations including programs, application examples, and simulations to demonstrate how MathWorks software addresses the needs of our customers.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations at both small and large audience venues.
- Partner with sales representatives to provide technical guidance for selling strategies toward successful achievement of sales goals.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Identify new V&V solutions and work with development and marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual settings.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Model-Based Design using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience in the development and testing of production algorithms and software
- Proficient in building Simulink models for functional and structural testing
- Knowledge of requirements analysis and test coverage methods
- Understanding of formal verification and validation methods is a plus.
- Working knowledge of safety standards such as ISO 26262, IEC 61508, or DO 178 is desirable.
- Strong engineering skills in control design, signal processing, verification and validation, and software development.
- MS or Ph.D. in engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here