RF Application Engineer - Europe (m/f/d)
Do you want to shape the way companies in EMEA develop RF systems using MATLAB and Simulink? If so, come and join a multidisciplinary team of world-wide experts and contribute with your strengths to solve the technical and business challenges of our customers. Enjoy an inspiring and rewarding working environment, which encourages personal growth, provides technical challenge, and is fun.
The key to your success will be based on your ability to build trusted relationships, internally as well as with our customers. Your interpersonal skills, your profound technical expertise, as well as your motivation for continuous improvement make you an excellent candidate for this position.
This position is located in our Eindhoven, Netherlands office and will require Dutch work authorization.
You will use your industry experience and technical expertise to work with MathWorks customers in the Aerospace, Defence, and Communications industries, seeking to improve their development processes with MathWorks RF solutions. Focussing on Wireless Communications (5G) and RADAR applications, you will work closely with customers on the integration of RF components and antennas into system-level models, and on the mathematical analysis of RF components, antennas and antenna arrays.
You will work closely with the MathWorks development and technical marketing teams to further improve and extend the current RF product offering.
Technical engagement areas include system-level design of wireless communications systems, RADAR, as well as antennas and antenna arrays. Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical advice to customers ensuring the successful adoption of MathWorks solutions
- Developing demonstration programs, application examples, and simulation models
- Delivering presentations during customer meetings, conference calls, seminars and webinars
- Establishing an active EMEA-wide expert network through direct customer engagements
- Supporting EMEA sales teams by analyzing customers’ requirements, guiding product evaluations, creating proof of concepts and building successful technical sales strategies
- Identifying new business areas by conducting market and account research
- Sharing customer feedback and business trends with development and technical marketing
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in the Netherlands.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- University degree preferably in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics.
- High motivation for working directly with customers.
- Five years of work experience in RF transceivers and antenna design such as PAs, LNAs, phased arrays, matching networks.
- Experience with Keysight ADS, SystemVue, and Genesys.
- Knowledge of RFIC and MMIC design and implementation design flow and process.
- Experience with RF measurements (Vector Network Analyzers, Load and Source Pull, Antenna radiation pattern) is a plus.
- Fluency in Dutch and English, additional European languages (German, French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Finnish) are plusses.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here