Software Engineer - Embedded Systems
With intelligence being built into more and more devices and products, being able to simulate hardware behaviour and generate optimised code are a critical part of the design process. We are looking for a software developer to help develop a flexible, product-independent framework that makes it easy for users to add, customise and share support for different hardware platforms. You will be part of a small, collaborative team in Cambridge, but will work with teams across the world, including USA and India.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with an inter-disciplinary team to design and implement user interfaces to streamline interaction with target hardware
- Design and implement MATLAB and C++ APIs for internal and external users
- Interact with other internal development teams to extend the framework for their own products
- Participate in other team activities such as planning, design discussions and code reviews
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
This job could be for you if you have:
- A good first degree in a STEM related discipline
- 3 years of professional work experience or a master's degree
- Experience with at least 1 Object Oriented programming language
- Good oral and written communication
- Self-motivation and a desire to learn
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here