Software Engineer in Test - Cloud Computing
Join our high-energy team of Software Engineers in Test focused on ensuring the quality of our products that allow end-users to perform distributed and parallel computing in the cloud. If you enjoy working with cutting edge technology and solving challenging problems, this position is for you.
The Software Engineer in Test participates in development of new product features from early planning and design stages through final release, working closely with counterparts in the Engineering, Documentation, and Technical Support departments. Ideal candidates are team players demonstrating organization, an eye for detail, strong communication skills and a commitment to getting things done.
- Review design and code of product features, automated tests and testing infrastructure
- Create test plans for new product features
- Design and build automated test suites
- Maintain and evolve testing infrastructure
- Perform hands-on product testing
- Diagnose and report bugs
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related area
- Demonstrated experience with an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, etc.) is required
- Familiarity with web services, cloud computing or containerization is preferable
- Proficiency in MATLAB is a plus
- Test automation experience is a plus
- Hands on experience with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Ability to multi-task, triage issues, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
To all recruitment agencies: MathWorks does not accept agency CVs. Please do not submit CVs to our career site or to our MathWorks staff. MathWorks is not responsible for any fees for CVs submitted by an agency.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here