Sr. Technical Writer - Simulink Verification and Validation
Do you have a strong aptitude for writing, interest in learning new technologies, and a flair for explaining complex concepts and procedures to technical audiences? You might be:
- Experienced in systems engineering, systems testing, or software development, and considering a career change.
- A recent graduate in engineering or computer science with a keen interest in technical communication.
- An experienced writer with a strong technical background.
Come join a team at MathWorks that writes online documentation explaining how to use sophisticated embedded system design verification tools. Revolutionary verification and validation techniques help engineers identify system design errors early in the development cycle, and optimize designs with scalable, automated analysis and simulation testing.
At MathWorks, documentation is a key component of our products. Technical writers are integral members of a multidisciplinary team that includes software engineers, quality engineers, technical marketing specialists, and UX professionals, all with a common goal: to develop high-quality software that meets the needs of customers ranging from students to advanced engineers.
We are looking for self-starters with the background, skills, and enthusiasm for communicating creative ways to use MathWorks model verification and testing products.
Write goal-oriented content that explains design analysis concepts and techniques for verifying model-based designs.
- Convey the intricacies of our products through examples, tutorials, and conceptual topics that help customers become productive quickly.
- Work with the user community and customer-facing groups to understand what customers need to learn so they can harness our technologies for addressing real-world engineering challenges.
- Participate with a multidisciplinary team in product planning, design review, and testing to shape the design of our cutting-edge products before they go out the door.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Ability to learn and explain practical engineering concepts and procedures in writing.
- Ability to develop and document creative examples of functionality to help users meet real-world design goals.
- Experience writing for technical audiences, such as scientists and engineers.
- Enthusiastic about working in cross-functional teams.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here