Thermo-fluid Development Senior Team Lead
Join our Physical Modeling team! We focus on creating cutting-edge simulation engines, tools, and component libraries to simulate physical systems. Your primary focus will be to lead a local development team adding modeling support for off-the-shelf physical components widely used by multiple industries including automotive, aerospace and consumer goods. The role involves both mentoring the team as well as contributing to the development of pre-parameterized component models and industrial-strength application examples. You will apply your expertise in physics-based modeling to help our customers solve real-world challenges in a variety of applications including turbomachinery, heating and cooling systems, renewables, robotics & automation, electric drives and electronics.
- Mentor and motivate the local development team to deliver pre-parameterized components and industrial-strength application examples
- Act as main contributor for pre-parameterized blocks and application examples that are mainly mechanical and/or thermo-fluid in nature
- Co-ordinate with your counter parts in the UK and US offices
- Develop relationships with component suppliers
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience is required.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 10 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree and 8 years of professional work experience) is required
- Domain expertise in thermo-fluids or mechanical systems
- Experience in physics-based modeling
- Experience of using system-level models to support design of complex systems
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with Simscape or other physical modeling tools
- Commercial software engineering experience
- Experience with designing application user interfaces
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here