Software Process Engineer - Programming Languages
Are you passionate about excellence in software development? Do you enjoy improving processes, leading change, and coaching and supporting people as they apply new skills?
This role requires strong technical expertise, leadership ability, communication skills, creativity, and initiative.
- Develop a deep understanding of software development concepts, practices, and tools used at MathWorks and within the industry
- Work with senior leaders to identify issues and opportunities related to supporting our Development teams. Develop clear, well-scoped problem statements and drive related projects to completion
- Facilitate organizational adoption of new content, processes, and standards through thoughtful change management strategies. Plan and conduct rollouts and help staff members successfully adopt new practices. Report out to senior staff on progress against business drivers
- Find creative ways to support staff member growth and learning, for example producing different types of self-serve resources and instructor-led training events. Evaluate impact with Kirkpatrick Level 1-4 evaluations
- Identify internal experts and ensure key knowledge is captured and shared. Continuously review, catalog and promote user-created documentation and resources. Facilitate and grow internal communities of practice
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Bachelor's or Master's or PhD's, ideally in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience in a software development organization
- Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, an engaging presentation style and strong group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles to get results and build strong relationships
- Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here