Software Engineer in Test - Simulink UI
You will work as part of a high-energy and talented team located in Bangalore, India focusing on developing test for Simulink UI. The Software Engineer in Test will be implementing automated test suites, new test strategies and testing frameworks for Simulink UI. This position is for someone who enjoys solving challenging problems.
Know more about our Quality Engineering team: https://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/teams-roles/qualityengineering.html?s_tid=cr_tred_qe
As a Software Engineer in Test - you will provide strong technical input to the testing of Simulink UI. In addition, you will engage early in the software development process, influencing requirements specifications, and discussing software design and testability with software engineers. As a member of the QE department, you will work closely with the Engineering, Documentation, Program Management and Technical Support departments.
Specific tasks include:
- Design and develop test suites for new web-based UI Components, with strong emphasis on test automation.
- Extend testing framework for increasing testability, and contribute to the long term automated testing vision and strategy of the company.
- Develop test strategies and test procedures based upon functional and design specifications.
- Analyze and report bugs and work with software engineers to resolve them.
- Participate in functional specification, test specification, documentation, and code reviews.
- Foster a continuous process improvement environment
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Good skills in mathematical modeling and simulation technologies
- Good software debugging skills
- Experience in software testing
- Familiarity with OOAD
- Experience in Simulink is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here