Embedded Software Engineer - Motor Control
As an embedded software engineer specialized in motor control, you will contribute to the green energy transition by applying your motor control experience on 3-phase electrical drives. You will create state-of-the-art Model-Based Design solutions to simulate and deploy motor control algorithms.
You will collaborate with other top innovators throughout the company to implement advanced hardware identification and plant modeling techniques. You will create strategies to design the best performing algorithms producing maximum torque per Ampere with field weakening using Model-Based Design.
- As one of the technical expert on the team, you will work on development projects from requirements gathering to product release.
- You will grow motor control and embedded programming expertise by creating high quality motor control algorithm blocks that help users to do their design easily and efficiently.
- You will collaborate with other developers throughout the company to create motor control solutions integrated with MathWorks products.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience with 3-phase motor control (PMSM, IPM, Induction/Reluctance motors etc.)
- Experience with MATLAB or Simulink.
- Experience with embedded development environments: IDEs and debuggers.
- Experience with Power Electronics
- Experience with complex software development projects requiring collaboration with multiple developers
- Experience with position sensors like resolvers, encoders, Hall sensors, etc.
- Experience programming device drivers (e.g., CAN, I2C, SPI, SCI, PWM, A/D converters etc.)
- Experience with TI C2000 processors
- Experience with STM32 processors
- Experience with bare-metal scheduler
- Experience with integrating run-time libraries
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS) , e.g., Embedded Linux, Android, VxWorks
- Experience with SoC (e.g. Zynq)
- Experience with Programming ARM Cortex-M and ARM Cortex-A based processors.
- Experience with programming multi-threaded embedded applications
- Experience with object-oriented design and analysis (OOAD)
- Experience with FPGAs
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here