Senior Finance Application Engineer
Join a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists. Contribute your strengths in the field of Computational Finance tackling our customers’ technical and business challenges. Enjoy an inspiring working environment based on growth, challenge and fun.
As a Senior Application Engineer you will collaborate with different sales and technical teams and partner with our most innovative Financial Services customers to help them accelerate their pace of development, guide them towards efficiently using the MATLAB product family, and show how to integrate MathWorks solutions with existing IT environments.
Using your technical expertise as well as your interpersonal skills, you will work in a pre-sales manner with our customers to identify and understand their technical and business challenges and guide them through the adoption of MathWorks solutions and help add value to their workflows.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to customers by guiding product evaluations
- Deliver product presentations live and online
- Assume the role of a local technical expert for Computational Finance
- Support the local sales team by building successful technical sales strategies
- Collaborate with the WW team to:
- Develop demonstration programs and application examples
- Share customer feedback and business trends with the Development and Marketing teams
- Identify new business areas by conducting market and account research
- Establish rapport and credibility with our customers across multiple hierarchy levels to build champion users and supporters of our solutions.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- University degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Science, or similar.
- Strong domain knowledge in statistics, optimization, and in building financial models and algorithms in software. Expertise in developing software tools for financial modeling, engineering, or scientific applications.
- Professional experience in the field of Financial Services is a plus.
- Experience with MATLAB is a plus.
- Experience in developing technical software in a professional environment using programming languages such as C, C++, Visual Basic, .NET, JAVA, C#, ASP, COM, or FORTRAN is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers.
- This position is based in Bangalore with travel generally throughout India specific to various customer visits and seminars. Travel time can be expected to amount to approximately 30-40% with trips generally no longer than five days. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here