Senior Application Engineer - Modelling and Simulation
Join our dynamic team that combines passion for maths, engineering, MATLAB and Simulink. Our customers are leading innovation across the breadth of UK industry: automotive, aerospace, industrial automation - and many others. Accelerate this innovation by leveraging your technical expertise and interpersonal skills to give sound recommendations on how MathWorks solutions can improve the customers’ development and business processes.
Collaborate with your colleagues from engineering, sales and marketing to help the active adoption of MathWorks solutions.
Inspire customers to expand technological horizons.
Shape MATLAB and Simulink for the future.
- Solving challenging modelling, simulation, control, estimation and optimisation problems for a breadth of applications
- Supporting MATLAB and Simulink adoption by analysing customers’ requirements at the individual and team level, guiding product evaluations and creating proof of concepts
- Identifying new trends and collaborating with the worldwide team to develop compelling messages and demonstrations
- Advocating for the future direction of MathWorks products
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
The successful candidate must have:
- A good first degree from a top tier university
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in building physical models of systems, especially in the mechanical, electrical, thermal and/or fluids domains
In addition, experience in the following areas will be advantageous:
- Working on design and development projects in industry
- Working in a consulting role
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here