Customer Success Engineer for Universities - MENA
As a MathWorks Customer Success Engineer you will partner with University customers to understand their technical and business challenges. You will use the insights gained to paint a vision of how MathWorks can help them address their challenges in education and research. Conversation topics will range from computational thinking, coding to learn, and use of MathWorks’ products in industry, to the benefits of teaching/learning MATLAB skills. You will demonstrate the value of MATLAB and Simulink to grow their adoption in curriculum, research and commercial projects.
This role will require extensive travel and interaction with Universities and Research Institutions in the Middle East region such as; UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, and the North Africa region to countries such as; Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt. Candidates for this position will be required to travel on their own to these customer locations.
- Account Planning and Strategy: Perform data-driven account assessments to determine overall health of an account. Develop Technical Engagement Plans and associated activities to increase adoption and usage of MathWorks’ products across your territory. Regularly review the key metrics to adapt your plans.
- Execute Technical Engagement Plans: Travel to universities and engage customers to advocate and support deeper adoption and usage of MathWorks’ products across all aspects of a University, including curriculum and coursework, in research and commercial projects, and in high-impact student activities (competitions, projects etc.). Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations, and application examples.
- Champion computational thinking: Influence academic leaders to incorporate computational literacy in their curriculum. Identify, track and influence adoption of MathWorks’ products in relevant Engineering, Science and Business courses, at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Motivate the value of teaching MATLAB/Simulink skills, supporting problem set development and integration, and supporting integration of products into key hardware projects and laboratories.
- Create vision beyond curriculum: Identify key research projects and groups that can benefit from the adoption of MathWorks’ products. Engage these groups to understand their goals and challenges. Leverage product knowledge and industry experience to recommend MathWorks’ solutions.
- Cultivate champions: Establish rapport with leading faculty and researchers to persuade them to advocate MathWorks’ product on-campus and in the broader education community. Advocate on behalf of customers to influence the future of MathWorks’ products.
- Be Resourceful: Engage other MathWorks personnel to assist in key activities and specialized product areas to ensure successful adoption and usage across an entire university.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
A Master's or Doctorate in Computer Science, Engineering, or Applied Science
Fluent English and Arabic language skills are required (level C1/C2)
Proven working experience with MATLAB & Simulink
Research or industry experience with focus on software technology for energy or oil & gas production
Experience in a customer facing technical or marketing role is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here