Education Sales Manager (People Manager)
The Education Sales Manager will manage a team of education sales account managers and resellers and will be responsible for the Education business in India with a goal to maximize sales performance and penetration in the Education segment.
The MathWorks presence within the educational segment is a strong element in its strategy to accelerate the pace of innovation and research. The Sales Manager will have a strong focus on the Education strategy in India, the business model for covering the Education Market and in building key long term relationships in this sector.
The position will be located in Bangalore, India and requires 25%-40% travel.
- Develop strategic business plan based on business growth forecasts and projected changes in market sector.
- Achievement of revenue targets for Education Sector with a focus on Campus-wide Licenses.
- Undertake personal accountability for the leadership, motivation, and development of Direct as well as Channel teams
- Manage the Education Sales Account Managers as well as the resellers to maximize the performance and achievement of goals set for them.
- Balance strategic and tactical initiatives to appropriately cover each sub-segment in Edu
- Accurately forecast business for the Educational territories.
- Work closely with Worldwide Education Team to understand and implement the company’s Educational Strategy within the territory.
- Take ownership for the relationship between customers and all departments within MathWorks
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- Degree in an engineering or a technical discipline required
- 12 to 15 years of selling experience in a technology environment, largely direct sales but with some Channel experience; at least 5 to 7 years in selling to the Edu segment
- At least 4 to 6 years in a managerial role with a proven ability to manage sales reps and channel
- Highly analytical but balanced with commercial selling ability and strong relationship skills
- Self-motivated and goal driven, creative, high-energy and a strong team player
- Strong work ethics and organized, quick learner
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here