Application Engineer / Technical Account Manager
As a trusted advisor to an industry leader of autonomous and electrified vehicles you will help define how they use Simulink and MATLAB to develop their products.
Your proven technical background in Model Based Design methods, tools, and processes will allow you to understand the customer’s current workflow, challenges and key business initiatives. You will apply your deep knowledge of industry trends and MathWorks technical solutions to bring compelling and inspiring proposals to the customer’s decision makers. You will then lead a team of MathWorks engineers to spread the knowledge and ensure the success of your proposals to the customer’s technical leaders and management.
Your status as a trusted advisor to an industry leader will also enable you to influence the future of Simulink and MATLAB through direct collaboration with MathWorks Development.
Travel can be expected between 10-20%, generally throughout North America.
- Proactively research customer’s current workflow and challenges with the intent of developing solutions and strategies that support the customer key business initiatives
- As a lead technical advisor, provide innovative ideas to customer management and advanced technical leads to solve their challenges, and achieve key initiatives
- Spread knowledge and ideas in the customer organization and directly with customer decision-makers
- Drive customer collaboration with MathWorks to help ensure product alignment and develop product roadmaps to meet customer goals
- Create compelling and inspiring ideas to bring to customer decision-makers, including value proposition to the organization
- Become a capable spokesperson on company's technical capabilities and influence internal change within customer organizations
- Build and maintain long term relationships across technical champions and executives
- Effectively facilitate client and internal teams to ensure successful completion of project goals and objectives
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of MathWorks product solutions and future product direction
- Manage customer requests through strong organizational and project management
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Demonstrated experience in/with Model-Based Design
- Experience with Autonomous Vehicle development
- Experience with Electric Vehicle development
- Experience designing Artificial models and Artificial Intelligence driven systems
- Development of MIL/SIL/HIL testing environments
- Good Project management skills
- Capable of working with others to arrive at a consensus and compromise
- Proven record of ability to influence internal development processes and decisions
- Able to adjust communication style for executives and end users
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here