Application Engineer - SOTIF ISO 21448 V&V Tool Specialist
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with technical experience and interest developing application examples and providing support about how to meet the SOTIF ISO-21448 guideline and future standard for automotive Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving (AD). By deeply engaging and partnering with automotive customers in this area, you will influence the way they develop and verify their systems using MathWorks tools with ISO-21448 consideration. The work will involve recommending technical approaches using the existing products and developing proof of concept solutions for possible future products including development of tests. The area of work will include developing reference examples to demonstrate how MathWorks V&V tools can be used to support ISO-21448
This position is located in Novi, MI and travel can be expected up to 20%, generally throughout North America
- Build instant credibility in front of customers by leveraging the industry experience and serve as a primary advisor to select customers for deep technical engagement
- Lead engagements with key Tier-1 suppliers and OEM’s in the ADAS/AD area by presenting MathWorks’ tools capabilities, vision, and lead them by defining technical proof of concept ISO-21448 focused V&V compliance projects using MathWorks V&V tools and certificagtion kits and driving them forward with coaching and active technical support
- Establish V&V tool configuration and test cases to support existing reference examples in the Automated Driving Toolbox to demonstrate feasiblity of ISO-21448 support. Necessary to be self sufficent on ISO-21448 and how to apply and implement test cases.
- Additionally support customers interested in an alternative V&V approach that is an alternative or variation of what the guideline covers
- Work closely with sales and other customer-facing staff to provide technical guidance for successful adoption of MathWorks tools
- Work closely with Development regarding ISO-21448 Guideline and its evolotion into an ISO standard. Need to be actively aware of ISO-21448 evolution
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Masters or PhD in engineering, computer science or related field
- 7+ years of experience in the automotive industry
- Experience in ADAS/AD algorithm development with a focus on functional safety and the ISO-21448 guideline
- Experience in system level simulation
- Experience with specialized ADAS/AD support tools
- Strong working knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink is preferred
- Experience with ADAS/AD algorithms to determine how to prepare functional test cases that are compliant with ISO-21448
- Ability to develop MATLAB Code to create test cases and integrate tools as required
- Knowledge of C/C++ is a plus
- Experience with the Unreal Gaming Engine is a plus
- Customer facing experience
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here