Senior Application Engineer - SPC
Are you looking to face, and solve engineering challenges in latest application areas such as 5G Communication, AI enabled Medical System, Industrial IoT with predictive analytics, Computer Vision for Autonomous System or Sensor Fusion for Automated Driving and so on? MathWorks has an exciting engineering position for you.
In this pre-sales role, you will leverage your experiences to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks tools for customer’s research and development in Signal Processing and Communication areas. You will spend most of your time working with customers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing their systems with cutting-edge technologies.
Using your technical expertise as well as your excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, you will engage customers and prospects in seminars, conference calls, meetings, and through product evaluations to develop a shared vision for success.
- The primary role is to support the technical portions of the Sales and Marketing process with respect to MATLAB, Simulink and related toolboxes.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use your knowledge and experience to recommend effective solutions.
- Contribute to continual improvement of customers’ methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques for more effective research and development by broadening and deepening MathWorks product usage.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through proactive communication and ownership of issues.
- Partner with Sales to develop and drive shared account goals/objectives aligned with the customer’s vision of success.
- Identify new application areas and work with Marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations to attract new customers/prospects, by delivering this content at large and small events.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- 5+ years of experience in the research and development role with signal processing and communication related expertise.
- MATLAB/Simulink experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Business level English is desired
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers
- Professional experience with C/C++ or HDL is a must
- Professional experience with embedded system (MCU or DSP or FPGA) is preferred
- Experience with Data Analysis or Machine Learning or Feature Extraction is a plus
- Experience with Computer Vision or Sensor Fusion is a strong plus
- Experience with Analog-Mixed Signal, RF, and/or PHY and Link Layer of LTE/5G is a strong plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here