This person will be an integral part of the company’s Finance and Operations Team that has worldwide responsibilities for accurately recording the revenue and deferred revenue transactions in compliance with current software and multi-element revenue recognition accounting guidance. The candidate will be responsible for the Order To Cash (O2C) cycle beginning with the sales quote and concluding with the acknowledgement and application of payment.
Validate each sales quote with the corresponding customer order (P.O.) including license configuration, pricing, discounts, terms and conditions in accordance with The MathWorks licensing standards.
* Maintain pertinent documentation needed to properly invoice the customer including P.O.’s, tax certificates for exemptions or reduced rate, freight requirements,“Ship To” and ”Bill To” information, etc.
* Review, assess and ensure compliance & proper documentation of indirect taxes associated with each billing transaction.
* Ascertain that revenue is booked to the appropriate Sales Territory and work collaboratively with sales organization to ensure timely payments.
* Perform required Accounts Receivable functions including, credit, collections, cash receipts, credit card processing, electronic transfers, etc. Contact with customers for timely realization of payments
* Work with field sales team in coordinating defined processes for orders of product, maintenance, training and consulting. Resolve customer and order discrepancies related to pricing, purchase order terms, invoicing, shipments, etc.
* Generate monthly reporting metrics and routine revenue reporting by revenue class, license type, sector, location, product, and industry.
* Research and document the revenue highlights for monthly reporting to senior management.
* Support the recording of Global Transactions including: Consulting, Enterprise, and transactions received through the shared CRM system.
* Provide cross country support and be a subject matter expert for complex transactions.
* Work on projects and initiatives as and when required. Actively contribute to internal waste reduction and business process improvement activities pertaining to the functional area of responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree with an accounting, finance, or business concentration .
* 3+ year’s prior working experience within a customer-facing role. High tech company and transaction database experience a plus.
* Hands-on experience with Order Management programs, ERP, CRM (Oracle, SAP, Salesforce) and reporting tools. Credit and collection experience a plus.
* Attention to detail, comfortable in dealing with complex data and arrive to a conclusion. Proficient in documentation, retention and review of SOPs.
* Demonstrable order management knowledge including adhering to database and pricing standards, software license configuration and shipping requirements.
* Understanding of Order to Cash cycle, ability to deal with orders, billing and revenue recognition issues. Comfortable in dealing business partners in a proficient way, ability to say “no” when required.
*Professional and Positive Attitude. Self-starter and ability to identify areas for process improvement.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.