Senior Technical Consultant - MATLAB
Do you want to join a worldwide team of exceptional engineers and become an expert in MATLAB and Simulink? We work across the automotive, aerospace and finance industries on cutting edge technology projects and engineering challenges and are seeking an engineer with enthusiasm for machine learning, computer vision, data analytics and mathematical modelling. At MathWorks, you will have an impact on the development of the leading software for engineers and scientists, and opportunities to improve your professional, technical and leadership skills.
Learn more about our worldwide team, the work we do, and the impacts on our customers and our office in Cambridge.
A MathWorks Consultant has a unique combination of skills and abilities including:
- Understanding customers' engineering challenges and development processes
- Designing, implementing and explaining solutions to meet customers' requirements
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with key customers
- Learning new software tools and technologies and building deep technical expertise
- Make our major customers in the UK and across Europe successful in using the MATLAB family of products for machine learning, signal and image processing, distributed computing and engineering software development.
- Work hands-on with our customers to overcome difficult research and technical challenges, improve performance and product quality, and reduce development time.
- Deliver high quality coaching, advisory and implementation services on the technical application of MATLAB and Simulink.
- Work with sales and marketing to sell consulting services for data analytics and mathematical modelling applications in the aerospace, automotive and finance industries.
- Manage requirements gathering, scoping and estimation, customer interaction and delivery of consulting projects.
- Work autonomously or as part of a wider team of consultants, application engineers, and developers.
- Collaborate with MathWorks' product development teams to influence the next generation of engineering and scientific tools.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience with MATLAB on engineering projects
- Expertise in mathematical modelling and statistical analysis of real-world systems
In addition, experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Algorithmic design and development of software tools for engineering and/or scientific applications
- Other programming languages, e.g. Python, R, Java, C/C++ or C#
- Technical Consulting
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here