Senior Software Program Manager
As Senior Software Program Manager, you will work with development leadership to help them plan, track, and execute challenging projects that deliver powerful and innovative features to industry-leading companies around the world. You will be responsible for developing and leveraging analyses of program-related metrics and identifying and communicating issues that may not be visible to other stakeholders. You will be a member of a large program management team and will have opportunities to interface with many departments in the company.
Join us in accelerating the pace of engineering and science. At MathWorks, we cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that nurtures individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
The Senior Software Program Manager is a member of the software development management team and supports the planning and execution of multiple projects or programs. Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with extended software development teams to help them plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on building the right things at the highest levels of quality.
- Performing program analysis, manage risk, identify and influence necessary course corrections, creatively solve problems, and communicate program status and activities across multiple levels of management.
- Continuously assessing and improving the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentor/coach other members of the Program Management and Product Development Teams.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience in developing commercial software products
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of project and program management
- Outgoing, highly organized, detail-oriented, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change
- Expertise in managing cross-organizational software development programs from initiation through delivery
- Expertise in process improvement and change management
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them
- Software, mechanical or electrical engineering education and/or background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink products
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.