Are you passionate about designing great user experience and eager to join a dynamic UX team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems?
Working with cross-functional teams you will lead projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches, to wireframes and prototypes, and into active development until your pixel-perfect designs “go live” to delight our users across the globe.
We're dedicated to crafting clear and effective designs for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if:
- You are enthusiastic about resolving complex, technical problems through excellent design
- You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate
- You enjoy driving the full range of design activities from conception through final visual design
- Collaborate with development, UX research, and UX design teams to understand MathWorks product and branding directions and develop appropriate and consistent design solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams to learn about detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and project partner's vision
- Produce design ideas and collaborate with teams to determine which ideas should move forward into detailed design and eventually production, based on usability testing, standard methodologies, and technical input
- Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and the latest technologies across mobile, desktop, and web.
- Use and promote MathWorks and industry standards in design and accessibility
- Learn how to design across a wide range of products
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Portfolio available for viewing, highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions linked in your CV is required to be considered for this opportunity
- STEM degree (bachelor's or a master's in Engineering or Computer Science) is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with development teams
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to visual representations
- Experience communicating sophisticated interaction design ideas with clarity and persuasion
- Desktop and Web application design experience
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.