Application Engineer Universities
Are you proactive with a background in engineering or sciences passionate about impacting education and research? Do you enjoy interacting with academics and tackling their scientific and education challenges? Read on.
In this role you are the primary technical point of contact for university customers. It is your responsibility to empower them to solve their technical and business challenges and to build long-term partnerships. You demonstrate the value of MATLAB and Simulink to grow their adoption in teaching, research, and commercial projects, and leverage your insight into academia to paint a vision of how MathWorks fosters success in education and discovery.
This role will require interaction with Universities and Research Institutions.
Position is based in Madrid with travels, 25 to 40% of the time, when safety allows it in Spain.
- Plan and strategize. Using data-driven account assessments you develop a strategy to engage with universities to increase their usage of MATLAB/Simulink and adoption in engineering, science, and business programs. Jointly with the other members of the account team you review progress and adapt your plan.
- Engage with universities. You are on campus! You meet and work with academics to address their needs and support integration of MATLAB/Simulink in teaching and research. Some meetings involve key decision makers who seek your insight and value your connections at other universities.
- Create a vision for success. Be it in course work, in research, or through networking activities. It is our mission to make our university partners successful by providing sustainable and proven value. And it is up to you to craft a vision to make this happen.
- Cultivate champions. Through your customer engagements you establish business relationships with leading faculty and researchers. You grow them to become MathWorks advocates on-campus and in the broader education and research communities. Likewise, you advocate on behalf of them and influence the future of MathWorks offerings. able and proven value. And it is up to you to craft a vision to make this happen.
- Foster collaboration. Resourcefulness is a must-have. We will help you ramp up to be successful in your role and to effectively engage other MathWorks personnel and external stakeholders to assist in key activities and specialized product areas.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- A Master's or Doctorate in Computer Science, Engineering, or Applied Science
- Proven working experience with MATLAB & Simulink
- Spanish and business proficient English are required
- Willingness to travel 25 to 40% of the time
- A previous working experience in the academic sector is a plus.
- Experience in a customer-facing technical or marketing role is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.