Senior Technical Consultant - Model Based Design
Do you want to join a worldwide team of exceptional engineers and become an expert in MATLAB and Simulink? We work across the automotive, aerospace and finance industries on cutting edge technology projects and engineering challenges and are seeking an engineer with enthusiasm for model-based design. In this role you will help our customers become self-sufficient in the use of Simulink and associated tools to manage their requirements, build system models, run simulations to enable design decisions, automatically generate and deploy code, and create verification test benches. At MathWorks, you will have an impact on the development of the leading software for engineers and scientists, and opportunities to improve your professional, technical and leadership skills.
A MathWorks Consultant has a unique combination of skills and abilities including:
- Make our major aerospace and automotive customers in the UK successful in using the Simulink family of products for model-based design and the development of embedded software.
- Work hands-on with our customers to overcome difficult research and technical challenges, improve performance and product quality, and reduce development time.
- Deliver high quality coaching, advisory and implementation services on the use of MATLAB and Simulink.
- Work with sales and marketing to articulate the value of model-based design, and create tools, adoption and implementation plans.
- Manage requirements gathering, scoping and estimation, customer interaction and delivery of consulting projects.
- Work autonomously or as part of a wider team of consultants, application engineers, and developers to ensure customer success and adoption.
- Collaborate with MathWorks' product development teams to influence the next generation of engineering and scientific tools.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with Simulink and Model-Based Design
- Expertise in mathematical and first-principles modelling of physical systems and controller development
- Software development in C or C++ for real-time and embedded applications
In addition, experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Development of software tools for engineering and/or scientific applications
- Technical consulting and project management
- Software certification processes and standards such as ISO 26262, DO 178C, AUTOSAR
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.