Application Engineer - Product Code Generation
Resumen del empleo
The growth of model-based design, automatic code generation and verification has created increased demand for MATLAB and Simulink products. The candidate will support major corporate customers in the application of MathWorks products for Model Based Design and Automatic Code Generation. The support will involve recommending technical approaches and providing customized solutions for advanced applications. You will focus on automatic code generation, verification and validation through long-term technical engagements with key customers. You will work primarily with customers pushing the frontiers of science and engineering.
Projects will vary from short duration coaching to extended advanced deployments. The focus is on long term solid technical success driving an expansion of product usage.
This role is a full-time staff position, based in Shanghai China.
- Generate excitement, confidence, and passion for the usage of Model-Based Design and Embedded Coder in complex production deployments
- Work directly with selected customers to provide technical assistance and to establish deployment strategies for Model-Based Design, Embedded Coder, and V&V area.
- Establish deployment requirements and work with other development engineers to implement required features or determine how to most effectively use existing features
- Understand customer workflows and industry domain standards to provide technical advice on how to realize them with MathWorks tools
- Periodic travel for a customer presentation, planning discussions, and on-site technical meetings is required (up to 25%)
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer-facing staff focused on a fast-paced and continually evolving strategy
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Skills of embedded system engineering, experience with embedded software and/or FPGA HDL development (C/C++/Ada/VHDL/Verilog HDL)
- Significant experience in Model-Based Design using tools such as MATLAB, Simulink, HDL Coder, Embedded Coder or equivalents is essential
- Very strong knowledge of the Model-Based Design process and its implications for software development is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of delivering presentation for highly technical audiences
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers
- This position is based in Shanghai with travel generally throughout China specific to various customer visits and seminars. Travel time can be expected to amount to approximately 30-40% with trips generally no longer than four days. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected.
- Knowledge of system-level modelling environments, and/or real-time systems are strong pluses
- Experience with a broad set of MathWorks products (including Stateflow, Simulink Coder, Simulink Verification and Validation, and Simulink Design Verifier) is a strong plus
- Experience developing safety-critical systems according to standards such as DO-178 (Aerospace), ISO 26262 (Automotive), IEC 62304 (Medical Device), and/or IEC 61508 (Industrial Automation) is a plus
- Experience with AUTOSAR is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.