Senior Account Manager
Resumen del empleo
Working in MathWorks Shanghai, China office, you will be responsible for selling the company's products and services via on-site visits and phone call to targeted accounts /assinged geographic territory.
Responsibilities will include developing further long-term relationships with existing accounts as well as identifying and developing new business. You will work closely with local and international marketing teams and technical experts to bring the full range of MathWorks product and service offerings to your accounts. The qualified candidate should have experience in developping key accounts as well as managing an assigned terriotry to sell software and service to our clients, more important you can bring MathWorks value to our clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships within existing key accounts, and expand our business to new divisions, locations, and customers
- Generate new business by phone call, customer visits, marketing events etc.
- Develop and manage a funnel of opportunities and activities
- Collaborate closely with customer facing engineers, Technical Marketing, and peer sales teams
- Document and report sales activities using CRM tool (Salesforce)
- Attain monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals for new software licenses, maintenance service, and professional services (consulting and product training)
- Expand MathWorks market presence and reputation within the territory
- Rigorously prioritize and follow up on all qualified leads provided by Marketing or Sales Support; energetically prospect for new business opportunities within a defined set of targeted accounts
- Prepare required sales documentation (e.g., trip reports, proposals, and Account/territory plans)
- Work closely with customers at all levels to understand client needs, requirements, and management business issues.
- Gain access to and influence the appropriate decision makers to manage evaluation processes and bring business opportunities to a successful conclusion.
- 25-50% overnight travel required; daily/weekly travel
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required.
- Solid service sales experience is a plus.
- Evidence of success in complex software solutions sales
- Self driven personality; high energy level
- Demonstrated experience balancing volume and strategic sales
- Demonstrated success managing a territory and using a CRM system
- Team work spirit, experienced at bringing right resources to the clients.
- Field sales experience required
- High Tech or engineering products sales experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required (English/Chinese)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.