Is there anyone who could help me to have some suggestion regarding TCP congestion control algorithm. There have different types of TCP like Reno, Westood, Vegas, bandwidth and RTT detection based, Jersey etc. I do have idea about the slow start, congestion avoidance, fast retransmit and fast recovery phases which are the algorithms used in TCP. I know how these algorithms work but as I do not have very good hand on coding so I do not know how to code these algorithm by MATLAB. As well as I am not understanding how to start or from where to start. TCP works like,
- Measures the Smoothed RTT,
- increases/decreases congestion window based on the phases,
- sets the slow start threshold
More specifically, if we take the link parameters like,
- Data Rate (10 Mbps)
- Propagation Delay (250 ms)
- Loss Rate (1%)
- How I can send a packet from source to destination dynamically?
- How to receive acknowledgement to the sender? and
- how to specify these packet sending and receiving time and record them accordingly?
Moreover, How can I specify a source node and destionation node based on who will do these packet transferring between them.
I got some idea about it but those are coded by 'C' as well as in 'NS-2' which is Linux based. It is quite tough for me to learn this linux based simulation now as it is my final year of graduation.
If anybody could assist me to start the coding, it would be a great help for me. Please help me out.
Thank you in advance.