A CSV file includes all my data in seperate columns and I'm trying to extract them separately for analysis. I'm using MATLAB R2019b, btw.
CSV file looks like the one that I've attached below (Please let me know if an actual csv is needed), it contains following information:
- Reference number (numbers - a consistant series)
- ID (a unique number)
- X, Y (Distances in a cartesia plane - upto 7 decimal points)
- Name (A string - not unique, includes numbers, letters and symbols)
- Time (a time stamp - I'd love to read it as yyyymmddhhmm, but reading it as date is also fine)
- A, B, C, D (numbers - includes decimals)
I can read the data and create the matrix that include all the columns using readmatrix and I can get specific parts from that matrix. But I want to read the CSV file and create separate matrices using separate columns.
matrix_1 = matrix that includes all data in columns ID and A
matrix_2 = matrix that includes all data in columns ID, X and Y and so on.
How can I approach this, while preserving the data types included in csv? Apologies if my question needs more clarification.