This function takes a figure and exports it to a RenderMan RIB file for use with any RenderMan compliant renderer.
For example, executing the demo 'logo.m' (from the Gallery), you can then export it to rib by entering:
I rendered the screenshot with PIXIE (http://www.renderpixie.com/).
Fixed in this version:
- changing the camera angle in the figure and then exporting *should* work, but it doesn't.
- this is an alpha proof of concept.
- this only works with meshes right now. parametric surfaces aren't supported yet.
- roughness is defined by an adhoc inversion of specularexponent... this may not be a good approximation in all cases.
- output has only been tested with PIXIE so far, but should work for other renderers.
Larry Kyrala (2021). fig2rib (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/24241-fig2rib), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!