This function provides a new progress-bar (waitbar in MATLAB-speak) with the following features:
* Multiple bars in one window
* Robust to the window being closed
* Time-estimates for long-running tasks
* Completion percentage for long-running tasks
* Control of the color for each bar
* Textured bars (pointless, but nice)
* No need to keep/manage window handles
* Cancel tasks using a return flag or callback function
* "Busy mode" where a bar bounces back and forth
Note that this incurs roughly the same computational overhead as the built-in WAITBAR for low numbers of iterations and usually less overhead for high numbers of iterations.
Requires MATLAB R2009a or above.
Ben Tordoff (2021). multiWaitbar (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26589-multiwaitbar), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!