This toolbox was constructed to help analyze changing river planforms (aerial views). Given a binary mask of a river, tools are provided to efficiently compute
- channel centerline
- channel width (two methods)
- centerline direction
- centerline curvature
If multiple input mask images contain georeference information, a tool is provided to "stitch" the masks together--before or after analysis. Stitching can be done for both images and vectors of x,y coordinates. The mapping toolbox is required for this functionality.
If multiple masks (realizations in time) of the river are available, RivMAP includes tools to
- compute centerline migrated areas
- compute erosional and accretional areas
- identify cutoff areas and quantify cutoff length, chute length, and cutoff area
- generate channel belt boundaries and centerline
- measure and map changes (in width, migration areas or rates, centerline elongation, accreted/eroded areas) in space and time
A demo is provided to highlight some of RivMAP's features that includes 31 years of channel mask data from the Ucayali River in Peru. See the following Open Access article for details of RivMAP and its application to over 1,300 km of the Ucayali River: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2016EA000196/abstract
Jon (2022). RivMAP - River Morphodynamics from Analysis of Planforms (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/58264-rivmap-river-morphodynamics-from-analysis-of-planforms), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Recuperado .
Compatibilidad con la versión de MATLAB
Compatibilidad con las plataformasWindows macOS Linux
Inspiración para: MorphEst - Estuary planform geometry
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!