Frank Liu, MathWorks
In this webinar, we will illustrate techniques for generating, visualizing, and analyzing digital signals across various applications. Using both MATLAB® functions and apps, we will show you how you can perform classic signal processing tasks such as spectral analysis, windowing, filtering, signal measurements, and statistical signal processing. This webinar is geared toward scientists, engineers, and students who may or may not be signal processing experts.
Through demonstrations using Data Acquisition Toolbox™, Signal Processing Toolbox™, and DSP System Toolbox™, you will learn how to:
• Import and visualize signals in the time domain
• Perform time-domain measurements of digital data and characterize the performance of levels, pulses, and transitions
• Display time-domain measurements for streaming data using the Time Scope block in MATLAB
• Apply spectral estimation techniques such as periodogram, Welch, and Yule-Walker to understand signal characteristics in the frequency domain
• Use apps such as SPTool, FDATool, and WinTool to accelerate your analysis tasks
About the Presenter: Frank Liu has been with MathWorks since 2003 and currently holds the role of Communications and Semiconductor Industry Manager. He is responsible for driving industry adoption of Model-Based Design and MathWorks tools. In his previous role at MathWorks, he led the signal processing and communications application area in the Product Training Group. Prior to joining MathWorks, he worked for General Dynamics and Raytheon developing communication products. Frank Holds a Master’s in Electrical Engineering from Cornell University, where he specialized in signal processing and communications systems. He has a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering from Tufts University.