Hello, I have a matrix (X) and another one (Y) and I was trying to match each row in Y with its counterpart in X so that:
- Y size = 24 rows (each one represents data record in an hour, so 24 rows represent a full day) * n columns.
- X size = 145 rows (data represented in a full day) * m columns.
- The 3rd column in Y represents hours as 1, 2, 3, ..., 24.
- The 2nd column in X represents hours but dublicated without sequential order (i.e. 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, ...).
- I need to loop on X rows and Y rows too to check if the value in the 1st column at this row in X equal the value at the 3rd column of the Y matrix.
- If that's true, then copy the data of Y matrix within the columns 4:11 at that row and paste them in the matrix X within the columns 5:12.
- The final X matrix should have dublicated data records from Y matrix at the assigned rows.
Here's what I've tried but didn't work as I expect.
for i = 1:length(Y)
for j = 1:length(X)
if X(j,1) == Y(i,3)
X(i,5:12) = Y(j,4:11);
clear i j
Could you tell me how to fix the logic in this code?
Thanks in advance.