Problem 601. Retirement savings
At the start of what year will you have reached or exceeded a savings goal?
Parameters (all are constant scalars given in a structure):
- f.startingSalary: Starting yearly salary
- f.investRate: Percentage of salary invested each year
- f.raiseRate: Percentage raise given at beginning of year EXCEPT the first
- f.returnRate: Percentage gain in invested money
- f.goal: Savings goal
- All money is invested at the end of the year.
- Interest is awarded once at the end of the year on money that has been invest for an entire year
- All interest is reinvested immediately and will gain interest the next year
- At the beginning of which year will the goal been met or exceeded?
Solution CommentsShow comments
Problem Recent Solvers27