DICOM is a rather complicated format. The DICOMINFO and DICOMREAD functions provide easy access to the data in DICOM-formatted files, but it can be difficult to know why and where the DICOM parser fails for improperly formatted files.
This file must be placed in the toolbox/images/medformats directory.
The DICOMDUMP utility presents a flat representation of the file with minimal data translation. For each attribute in the DICOM file it prints these values:
* Byte offset in the file
* Nesting depth (for sequences)
* Attribute group and element number
* Value representation (VR) code
* Data length in bytes
* Attribute name from the data dictionary
* A description of the data
Meta-information about the file and reading environment also appears:
* machine endian
* presence of required 0002 metadata
* information object UID and name
* transfer syntax UID and name
Jeff Mather (2022). DICOM debug utility (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/16602-dicom-debug-utility), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!