This Getting Started Guide provides MATLAB and Simulink examples which participants in RoboNation competitions can use to learn how to program their autonomous vehicles. Future iterations will show how to design algorithms and implement Model Based Design through simulations.
Anyone who is interested in using MATLAB and/or Simulink on a desktop computer to control their robotic platform or run automated vision systems will find this useful.
Some of the topics discussed are:
- Running MATLAB Functions and Simulink Models directly on a PC
- Deploying an Executable to the Desktop
Video and Point Cloud
- Acquiring and viewing video
- Acquiring and viewing point cloud data from stereovision cameras or a LIDAR
- Communicating using UDP, TCP/IP, Serial and ROS messages
- Acquire data from a DAQ to perform TDOA and other acoustic processing
- Perform path planning and localization with the Robotics System Toolbox
- Provide RC manual control for a robotic system
To access the documentation and examples, after running the .mltbx file to install, navigate to the "Supplemental Software" section of the main doc page. There will be link to the "Getting Started Guide for Robonation Competitions" documentation.
For RoboNation teams looking for more information, please see the following page:
App Version: 15.2.02
MathWorks Student Competitions Team (2021). Getting Started Guide RoboNation (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/47593-getting-started-guide-robonation), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!