- Your app's components and layout
- Initial property configurations for all components
- A copy of your GUIDE functions and callback code
- Starting with R2020a, the migration tool significantly reduces the time and effort required to migrate your GUIDE app. It minimizes the amount of manual code updates required, and makes your GUIDE-style callback code compatible with the App Designer UI components in your migrated app.
- The migration tool can be used in R2018a through R2019b. It will migrate the GUIDE app's layout and component configurations, but functions and callback code will require manual updates.
- For a comparison between GUIDE and App Designer, see Comparing GUIDE and App Designer.
- For information on the latest version of the migration tool, as well as other migration strategies available for GUIDE apps, see GUIDE Migration Strategies.
- A more modern look-and-feel design environment with richer drag-and-drop conveniences
- New features like a tree component, date picker, layout manager, and an automatic reflow option to make your app responsive to different screen sizes without having to write complex resizing logic
- Its programming model is more robust for managing data within an app by using a MATLAB class-file
- Apps built with App Designer can be run in MATLAB Online and deployed to the web for easier sharing and access via a web browser on desktops, tablets, or mobile devices.
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!