Demo to extract frames and get frame means from a movie and (optionally) save individual frames to separate image files. Then rebuilds a new movie by recalling the saved images from disk. Also computes the mean gray value of the color channels and detects the difference between a frame and the previous frame. Illustrates the use of the VideoReader and VideoWriter classes.
Image Analyst (2021). Video Processing Tutorial (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/47726-video-processing-tutorial), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Processing Toolbox > Display and Exploration >
- MATLAB > Data Import and Analysis > Data Import and Export > Standard File Formats > Audio and Video >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Computer Vision Toolbox > Tracking and Motion Estimation > Motion Detection >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Vision HDL Toolbox > Video Formats and Interfaces >
- MATLAB > Graphics > Images > Modify Image Colors >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!