Simulink Real-Time and non-Speedgoat Machine
More Answers (3)
- Download FreeDOS Lite USB image from https://www.freedos.org/download/
- Create bootable USB with FreeDOS Lite image using the Rufus tool from https://rufus.ie
- In Matlab, open Simulink Real-Time Explorer using the matlab command "slrtexplr"
- In the target window, select properties of the Target PC session
- Setup ethernet device and network settings in "Host-to-Target communication" dropdown list
- Select "DOS loader" in "Boot configuration" dropdown list
- Click the create boot disk icon, and select a folder on the bootable USB stick. The folder should contain the files "autoexec.bat", "rttboot.com", and "xpckrnl.rtb".
- Boot the target PC with the bootable USB
- Install FreeDOS using instructions http://wiki.freedos.org/install/
- Keep the USB plugged in target PC and select from BIOS to boot the target computer in DOS mode (and not from USB flash drive)
- At the DOS prompt, save a copy of the target computer C:\autoexec.bat and C:\config.sys file to a backup file, such as C:\autoexec_prv.old and C:\config_prv.old
- Copy the files "autoexec.bat", "rttboot.com", and "xpckrnl.rtb" from the folder on the USB flash drive to the root folder of the target computer
- Delete the C:\config.sys file
- Unplug the USB flash drive, and restart target computer in DOS mode. Real-Time Simulink Target should automatically be started.
- Connect host PC to target PC ethernet device port with ethernet cable. The ethernet device of the PC must be configured with static IP adress in the same network as configured for the target PC. Thus if IP adress of target PC is configured to 192.168.6.6 in Step 5, then host PC can be set for example to static IP adress of 192.168.6.5.
- Click connect to TargetPC in Targets window of the Simulink Real-Time Explorer
- When connected you can build and upload models from Simulink