Reporting and Database Access
Use Database Toolbox™ to import and export data between various databases and MATLAB. Database Toolbox supports any ODBC-compliant or JDBC-compliant relational database. It also provides NoSQL support for Apache™ Cassandra®, MongoDB®, and Neo4j®. Native interfaces are available for MySQL®, PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
Use the reporting toolboxes to design and generate reports in PDF, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft PowerPoint®, and HTML. You can use the prebuilt, customizable Word and HTML templates or design reports based on your organization’s templates and standards.
With MATLAB Report Generator™, design and automatically generate reports from MATLAB applications. Dynamically capture results and figures from your MATLAB code and document those results in a single report that you can shared with others in your organization.
With Simulink® Report Generator, generate reports from Simulink models and simulations. Create web views that let you view, navigate, and share Simulink models from a web browser without a Simulink license. You can embed model web views in HTML code generation, requirements, coverage, and other types of reports.
Products for Reporting and Database Access
Simulink Report Generator
Design and automatically generate reports from Simulink models and Stateflow charts
Exchange Data with Relational and Nonrelational Databases
- Data Import Using Database Explorer App or Command Line (Database Toolbox)
Learn the best way to import data from your database into MATLAB.
- Create SQL Queries Using Database Explorer App (Database Toolbox)
Create SQL queries in the same database, different catalogs or schemas, or different databases.
- Analyze Large Data in Database Using Tall Arrays (Database Toolbox)
Find the minimum value in a large data set by using a tall table.
- Explore and Import Data from Cassandra Database Table (Database Toolbox)
Access the structure of a Cassandra database and import data from the database with a keyspace, database table, and partition key value using the Apache Cassandra database C++ interface.
- Import and Analyze Data from MongoDB Using MongoDB C++ Interface (Database Toolbox)
Import all documents from a MongoDB collection into the MATLAB workspace and perform a simple data analysis of numerical fields.
Design and Automatically Generate Reports
- Create Microsoft Word Templates (MATLAB Report Generator)
Get an overview of ways to create a Word template for a report.
- Create HTML and PDF Templates (MATLAB Report Generator)
Get an overview of ways to create an HTML or PDF template for a report.
- Create Report Generators for Simulink and Stateflow Elements (Simulink Report Generator)
Use predefined Simulink and Stateflow element finders and reporters that reduce coding time and complexity.
- Create Simulink Report Generator Reports (Simulink Report Generator)
Use the Report API to create System Design Description reports.
- Create and Use Web Views of Models (Simulink Report Generator)
Export models to web views and navigate the views.