Modeling a Hydrogen Fueling Station
Learn how you can use Simulink® and Simscape™ to model a gas system through a case study on a hydrogen fueling station model.
Watch how to:
- Model different components of a hydrogen fueling station, such as a hydrogen fuel tank, a compressor, a chiller, and a dispenser for fueling the vehicle.
- Incorporate sensor readings in the model to perform calculations on gas pressure, flow rate, and mass.
- Add multidomain physical effects such as gas cooling, pressure changes, and heat flow.
- Design supervisory logic and feedback control algorithms for software that manages key aspects of fueling station operations, such as controlling mass flow in the compressor.
- Parameterize components and switch between component variants such as an ideal compressor and a real compressor.
- Run simulations with different system configurations and measure key metrics in system operations to ensure the safety, efficiency, and durability of the fueling system.
Vasco Lenzi is senior application engineer at MathWorks Switzerland. He specializes in design automation with emphasis on multidomain modeling, control design, verification, and deployment. Prior to joining MathWorks in 2016, Vasco worked as a development engineer on the modeling and simulation of engines and hydraulic systems at Liebherr Machines Bulle. Vasco also worked as a control software developer at the Institute of Dynamic Systems and Control, ETH, with active participation in Formula Student competitions. He holds a BS in mechanical engineering and an MS in Energy Sciences from ETH Zurich.
Select a Web Site
Choose a web site to get translated content where available and see local events and offers. Based on your location, we recommend that you select: .
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.
- América Latina (Español)
- Canada (English)
- United States (English)
- Belgium (English)
- Denmark (English)
- Deutschland (Deutsch)
- España (Español)
- Finland (English)
- France (Français)
- Ireland (English)
- Italia (Italiano)
- Luxembourg (English)
- Netherlands (English)
- Norway (English)
- Österreich (Deutsch)
- Portugal (English)
- Sweden (English)
- United Kingdom (English)
- Australia (English)
- India (English)
- New Zealand (English)
- 日本Japanese (日本語)
- 한국Korean (한국어)