Multiple Openings - Engineering Development Group - U.S.
About this Program
The Engineering Development Group (EDG) is a technical and leadership development program at MathWorks that builds strong leaders and innovators in the organization.
Team members in the EDG program have the flexibility to identify and explore areas of interest while contributing to challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment. Areas of interest could include a variety of domains such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, autonomous systems, high performance computing, computer vision and much more.
EDG team members receive extensive training, mentoring, and coaching that enables them to transition into teams of their choice at MathWorks.
As a member of the Development organization, you will select the projects you work on and the teams you engage with depending on your interests, skills, and curiosity. More specifically, you will:
- Explore and identify teams that match your professional interests. Contribute to high impact technical projects with teams across Development or Customer-facing Engineering organizations.
- Tailor your program to focus on concentrations such as machine learning, automated driving, robotics, dynamics and controls, artificial intelligence, as well as multiple other domains to drive future innovation and creation at MathWorks.
- Gain customer perspective and deep product knowledge by solving complex technical issues. Work directly with top engineers and scientists that are making an impact with our tools in the world.
- Develop leadership skills through opportunities to show initiative, lead process improvements, and coach and mentor others. Benefit from extensive learning opportunities through training, mentorship and knowledge sharing forums.
- Transition to MathWorks teams such as software development, program management, quality engineering, technical marketing, as well as other customer facing and technical areas to build a successful career.
- Bachelors (for our Undergraduate program) or Masters/Ph.D. (for our Graduate program) in Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong academic record
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong programming skills
- A good understanding of Object-oriented programming is required for CS majors
- Experience with MATLAB is a plus, but not required
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here