Software Engineer in Test - Embedded Coder
We are seeking a motivated and talented software engineer to propel the testing of automatic code generation from MATLAB and Simulink. As a part of the Embedded Coder Test Engineering team you will be responsible for developing testing infrastructure and tests for novel compiler optimization techniques to automatically generate efficient code for large-scale embedded systems. The automatically generated code from the Embedded Coder can be found in thousands of real-life products around the world ranging from cell-phones to aircraft engines. An ideal candidate for this position must have a passion for solving challenging software problems involving testing compiler technologies. This role has an excellent growth opportunity as the Embedded Coder is consistently growing and is widely adopted by a large body of customers in automotive, aerospace and other industries.
You are expected to participate in all aspects of software design life cycle to ensure quality is met and develop robust, efficient and automated testing systems for all features within the Embedded Coder product. Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting development and testing of the features in the embedded coder area.
- Architecting test strategies for code generation performance and efficiency of generated code
- Developing test tools and applying them to efficiently test the functionality of the code generation product set
- Researching and designing new ideas towards Code Generation Cross feature testing infrastructure.
- Contributing to the cross-feature testing infrastructure code base refactoring, and enhancements.
- Examine and improve source code coverage in the Code Generation product set.
- Advise other teams on code generation quality impact.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Programming experience in MATLAB
- Experience with C++
- Experience with embedded systems
- Knowledge in algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge in compiler technology
- Experience with Simulink or Model Based Design software
- Knowledge of industry standards, Software Development and Quality Engineering process
- Industry experience in Aerospace, Automotive, Signal Processing(DSP) or similar domains
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here