Application Engineer - Mixed Signal & SerDes Design
As a Senior Application Engineer you will partner with our most innovative customers in the Semiconductor Industry to establish and enhance their usage of MATLAB and Simulink to design, model, verify, and implement leading-edge analog/mixed-signal systems. You will work in a pre-sales manner with our customers to first identify and understand their technical and business challenges and then develop compelling demonstrations of solutions that help them appreciate how the adoption of MathWorks products add value towards enhancing their workflows.
Using your technical expertise as well as your excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, you will engage customers and prospects in seminars, conference calls, meetings, and through product evaluations to develop a shared vision for success.
- Provide technical pre-sales support and guidance to the India sales organization, prospects, and customers in the domain of analog/mixed-signal design by:
- Preparing and delivering presentations, demonstrations, and application examples in customer meetings, seminars, and other public events
- Managing product evaluations and developing adoption plans that assist customers in adopting MathWorks products
- Provide direction and guidance regarding the Semiconductor Industry to the India sales and marketing organization
- Partnering with sales representatives to help develop account-level and territory-level selling strategies for the Semiconductor Industry
- Partnering with marketing teams to build awareness of MathWorks solutions within the Semiconductor Industry
- Identify new trends and application areas in the Semiconductor Industry and provide feedback to development and marketing teams. Collaborate with the worldwide team on developing compelling messages and demonstrations
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions
- Establish rapport and credibility with our customers across multiple hierarchy levels to build champion users and supporters of our solutions
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- A Master’s degree in engineering (M.E./M.Tech) and 5-12 years of relevant experience in the Communications, Electronics, Semiconductor, or related industries
- Strong knowledge and experience in top-down (system-level) design of PLLs, DACs, ADCs, SERDES, or other analog/mixed-signal, is a prerequisite. Knowledge of ASIC/SoC design for signal processing, image processing or communications applications is a strong plus
- Experience with Hardware Description Languages (VHDL, Verilog, Verilog-AMS, or SystemVerilog) and EDA tools (Cadence, Synopsis, or Mentor Graphics) is a prerequisite
- Good understanding of the product development lifecycle and design-flows used in the Semiconductor Industry
- Good understanding of (and enthusiasm for!) the Model-Based Design process and its implications for ASIC/SoC top-down system development is a prerequisite
- Experience using MATLAB and/or Simulink is a strong plus
- Experience in a customer-facing role and/or experience in team management are strong pluses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are prerequisites
- Strong motivation towards working directly with customers is a prerequisite
This position is based in Bangalore with travel generally throughout India specific to various customer visits and seminars. Travel time can be expected to amount to approximately 30-40% with trips generally no longer than four days. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here