Manager - MATLAB & Simulink Market Segment Development Team
Modelo de empleo híbrido
MathWorks ofrece un modelo de empleo híbrido que permite al personal dividir su tiempo entre la oficina y sus hogares. El modelo híbrido permite a los empleados beneficiarse de interacciones cara a cara con sus compañeros, así como de una mayor flexibilidad en casa. Más información.
Resumen del empleo
MathWorks Market Segment Development and Industry Marketing Team based in Plano, Texas develops and executes the market strategy to drive the adoption of Model-Based Design and Technical Computing in industrial automation and machinery (IA&M), medical devices, oil and gas, chemical and petroleum, utilities and energy, and other industries. If you have experience with MATLAB & Simulink in any of these areas, have strong knowledge and experience in either medical devices or electrical utilities and energy industries, and are passionate about building and leading a team that will drive MATLAB & Simulink adoption at key strategic customers, this is the role for you.
As the manager of the MathWorks Market Segment Development and Industry Marketing Team in Texas, you will lead, coach, and grow the MathWorks Texas industry team dedicated to setting the market and account development strategy for MATLAB & Simulink at strategic accounts across industrial automation and machinery, medical devices, oil and gas, chemical and petroleum, utilities, and energy industries. You will provide strong leadership, coaching, guidance to your team members and empower them to succeed in a dynamic marketplace with complex challenges and opportunities. You will utilize your passion for MathWorks products by working directly with key customers and establish MATLAB & Simulink as a mission-critical part of their product development workflow in collaboration with your peer leaders in Sales and Application Engineering. Through these efforts you will shape how the customers across these diverse industries perceive and adopt MathWorks, its products, and technologies, and champion the needs of the customers and the trends in these industries to shape the overall MathWorks business and product strategy.
- Build and lead a technical team focused on driving market and account development activities in industrial automation and machinery, medical devices, oil and gas, chemical and petroleum, utilities, and energy industries.
- Lead your team by example by taking primary ownership of market development and industry marketing for either medical devices or electrical utilities and energy industries:
- Deploy your knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink to cultivate strategic accounts and grow the MathWorks business in that industry
- Promote and champion the use of MathWorks products and workflows in that industry.
- Develop and execute the industry / market segment strategy and business plan.
- Recruit individuals with industry experience in, and passion for, MATLAB and Simulink, and coach them into an impactful Industry Marketing team focused on strategic accounts across key these key industries
- Work with peer Sales and Application Engineering managers to develop and execute the annual industry field business strategy for your industries.
- Visit strategic customers with your team members to understand gaps in the customers’ workflows and develop a shared vision and commitment for the adoption of MATLAB & Simulink to fill those workflow gaps and model the way for your team members.
- Build and nurture strong customer relationships at senior engineering and executive levels in partnership with your team.
- Actively monitor progress of opportunities, funnel, and usage at targeted accounts to achieve targeted goals for broadening and deepening adoption of MATLAB & Simulink and adjust investments in customer engagements as necessary.
- Coach and help Sales and Application Engineering team members develop their industry situational fluency in Model-Based Design and Technical Computing through joint customer facing engagements.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- MS or PhD degree in relevant engineering disciplines
- Strong knowledge of and firsthand experience with MATLAB & Simulink in Model-Based Design for embedded systems development, algorithm development and deployment, or engineering data analytics in Medical Devices or Electrical Utilities and Energy industries
- Business development experience or experience supporting sales and engaging with customers as a sales engineer or applications engineer
- Excellent communication skills suitable for internal and external audiences
- 12+ years of total industry experience in engineering, technical marketing, Industry Marketing, or technical sales involving software or hardware products for engineering and science, or related disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in hiring, coaching, and growing technical teams
- Product marketing experience with global technical software company
- Prior employment with a global software company involved in systems/software development and data analysis and/or modeling tools
This position will be based in Plano, Texas. The candidate should expect to travel about 30% of the time. Travel will be mostly within United States, with occasional international travel.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.