Application Engineer Simulink Aerospace and Defence
Resumen del empleo
- Empleo: 29815-AROH
- Ubicación: IT-Torino
- Departamento: Technical Sales Engineering
As an Application Engineer you will establish yourself as a trusted advisor to MathWorks’ most strategic customers in the Aerospace industry. Utilizing your technical expertise and by gaining a deep understanding of the customer's workflows, development lifecycle, and business initiatives, your goal is to ensure the customer is receiving maximum benefit from MathWorks solutions.
Your industry knowledge and technical insights will enable you to establish trusting long-term relationships with the customer and provide technical leadership. You will provide guidance on best practices, direction on Technical Computing and Model-Based Design workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
This position is located in Torino or Roma and travel can be expected up to 25-40% generally throughout Italy. Significant time will be spent onsite with the customer.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all business-critical customer projects
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with customer decision makers and end-users
- Understand the customer's business critical projects and their unique workflows
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to ensure their needs are understood for future product direction
- Partner with Sales to develop and drive shared account goals/objectives aligned with the customer’s vision of success
- Scope technical projects and coordinate resources to execute the project
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in/with MATLAB
- Demonstrated experience in/with Simulink
- Direct experience with MathWorks tools deployed in a production workflow
- Strong desire to work directly with customers and have affinity to business development
- Able to extract the technical challenges and their business impact
- Knowledge of DO 178 standard
- Capable of working with others to arrive at a consensus and compromise
- Previously influenced internal development processes and decisions
- Able to adjust communication style for executives and end-users
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.