MathWorks customers do amazing things with MATLAB, Simulink, and nearly 100 additional products. Our sales and service teams work with the world’s most creative and innovative engineers, scientists, researchers, academics, and organizations.
We hire top sales talent around the world—find the role that fits you best.
Meet Our Sales and Service Teams
Can you articulate the technical and business proposition of groundbreaking software to customers at the world’s top corporations? Top performers are able to:
- Sell to new and existing accounts in industries ranging from aerospace and automotive to finance and communications, or focus on a defined territory
- Grow your territory through sound prospecting strategies
- Set aggressive goals
- Work collaboratively with customer-facing engineers to learn about customers and help solve their problems
- Listen intently to customers’ complex requirements
- Communicate effectively with decision makers
Working with faculty and researchers at over 6,500 of the world’s top universities, our education sales staff:
- Strive to make MATLAB and Simulink ubiquitous in engineering, science, math, and business
- Show perseverance, resourcefulness, and flexibility in navigating the decision-making landscape of a modern university
- Use data to inform sales strategies
Team members have diverse skills and backgrounds in scholarly publishing, research, and selling complex technologies in the academic market.
We’re looking for self-motivated, professional, and collaborative team members at all experience levels:
- Experienced technology sales professionals can apply their skills as Inside Sales Representatives, collaborating with their sales team to drive new business and customer engagement.
- Candidates with customer-facing experience can continue to develop their sales skills as Renewal Sales Representatives, responsible for ensuring on-time renewals by optimizing customer conversations.
- New graduates can excel quickly and grow with sales training and coaching as Sales Development Representatives, who qualify customers in a wide range of industries, levels, and applications to create new opportunities.
Technical Sales Engineering
These teams work on in-house projects and with customers worldwide to apply MATLAB and Simulink to real-world challenges. We hire graduates with Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD’s in engineering, science, and computer science programs to work on these teams:
- Application Engineering
- Customer Success Engineering
- Pre-Sales Engineering
- Post-Sales Engineering
- Training Services
Some roles are integral to the sales process, and others help after the point of sale, with technical training and ensuring the successful adoption of MATLAB and Simulink products in customers’ research, exploration, design, and development processes.
This team works directly with customers by telephone, email, or chat, on topics ranging from answering licensing questions to troubleshooting customers’ installation and configuration problems.
We’re looking for team members who:
- Hold a technical or nontechnical Bachelor’s degree
- Enjoy working collaboratively to look for new and innovative ways to solve problems
- Have a natural curiosity for emerging technologies such as cloud computing and virtualization
- Are interested in working across different OS platforms (Windows, Linux, and Mac)
- Strive to make every customer interaction a WOW experience
Sales Operations is responsible for the design and evolution of our selling model, our sales roles, CRM and reporting tools, business process improvements, vendor selections, and contract reviews.
We look for team members with:
- A fundamental understanding of the software sales cycle
- The ability to identify opportunities for business process improvement
- Analytical capabilities to provide hindsight, insight, and foresight
- Collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams