BeagleBone Black Support from Embedded Coder
Generate code optimized for BeagleBone Black boards.
Capabilities and Features
Embedded Coder support for BeagleBone Black includes:
- Automated installation and configuration
- Library of Simulink blocks that connect to BeagleBone Black I/O such as audio input and output, video input and display, and UDP send and receive
- Interactive parameter tuning and signal monitoring of applications running on the BeagleBone Black
- Processor-in-the-Loop (PIL) testing for code verification and profiling
- Model deployment for standalone operation
- Access to prebuilt audio and video filters through add-on products such as Audio Toolbox™ and Computer Vision Toolbox™
BeagleBone Black helps students understand the workflow for designing an embedded system without using manual programming. Students, educators, and hobbyists can use Simulink to create algorithms for audio processing and computer vision applications. They can apply industry-proven techniques for Model-Based Design to verify that their algorithms work during simulation. They can then implement the algorithms as standalone applications on the BeagleBone Black using automatic code generation. By default, the generated code is ANSI/ISO C/C++. For NEON optimized code for DSP filters, use the ARM Cortex A Ne10 Library Support from DSP System Toolbox™.
Embedded Coder hardware support packages offer built-in, limited, support for specific hardware, schedulers, and compilers. Please click the Request Hardware Support link if you seek additional hardware support.
About BeagleBone Black
BeagleBone Black is a low-cost, single-board computer designed for digital signal processing. BeagleBone Black features TI’s 1 GHz ARM® Cortex®-A8 processor, provides stereo audio and digital video connectivity, and supports USB, HDMI, and Ethernet.
Platform and Release Support
See the hardware support package system requirements table for current and prior version, release, and platform availability.
View enhancements and bug fixes in release notes.